Voted One of America’s Top Dentists in 2009-2018 by Consumers’ Research Council of America
On this page you will find our scheduling, financial and insurance information. You can also printout our Patient Registration form to fill out before your first visit.
Your First Visit
Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation explaining your diagnosis and treatment options. Occasionally, surgery can be performed the same day as the consultation. However, a complex medical history or treatment plan will require an evaluation and a second appointment to provide treatment on another day.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
Your surgical referral slip and any x-rays if applicable.
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
- Name and the phone number of your medical doctor.
- If you have medical or dental insurance, bring the necessary completed forms. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
IMPORTANT: All patients under the age of 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the consultation visit.
A preoperative consultation and physical examination is mandatory for patients undergoing IV anesthesia for surgery. Please have nothing to eat or drink six hours prior to your surgery. You will also need an adult to drive you home.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are currently taking any medication (i.e., heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.)
If your dentist or physician has taken x-rays, you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. If additional films are necessary, they can be taken at our facility.
Before Intravenous Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking for 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany you to our office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive you home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or dark nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Reubel prior to your surgical date for instructions.
Follow-Up Care After Surgical Procedures
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery is open Monday – Thursday from 8:00 am until 4:30 pm, and Friday from 8:00 am until 12:00 pm. We will schedule your appointment as promptly as possible. If you have pain or an emergency situation, every attempt will be made to see you that day.
We try our best to stay on schedule to minimize your waiting. Due to the fact that we provide surgical services, various circumstances may lengthen the time allocated for a procedure. Emergency cases can also arise and cause delays. We appreciate your understanding and patience. Please call 513.891.2992 with any questions or to schedule an appointment.
For your convenience, we accept Visa and MasterCard. Also we have financing available through Care Credit, a medical financing company offering 3 to 60 month financing. We deliver the finest care at the most reasonable cost to our patients, therefore payment is due at the time service is rendered unless other arrangements have been made in advance. If you have questions regarding your account, please contact us at 513.891.2992. Many times, a simple telephone call will clear any misunderstandings.
Please remember you are fully responsible for all fees charged by this office regardless of your insurance coverage. We will send you a monthly statement. Most insurance companies will respond within four to six weeks. Please call our office if your statement does not reflect your insurance payment within that time frame. Any remaining balance after your insurance has paid is your responsibility. Your prompt remittance is appreciated. Please download and fill-out our Financial Agreement. After you have completed the form, please make sure to bring it on your first visit to our office. The security and privacy of your personal data is one of our primary concerns and we have taken every precaution to protect it.
At our office we make every effort to provide you with the finest surgical care and the most convenient financial options. To accomplish this goal, we work hand in hand with you to maximize your insurance reimbursement for covered procedures. If you have any problems or questions, please ask our staff. They are well informed and up-to-date. They can be reached by phone at 513.891.2992. Please call if you have any questions or concerns regarding your initial visit. Please bring your insurance information with you to the consultation so that we can expedite reimbursement.